Sunday, January 13, 2013

Life Lesson Learned While Homesteading



At first glance this would seem to have nothing to do with homesteading, but actually it does. For how much you allow negative people influence your life could very well mean the difference between just surviving or thriving in life. This is especially true during the rough times when the world seems to be falling down around us or even during a WROL situation.

I have in the yard on the north side of my home, eighty-four (84) different varieties of flowers plus my vegetable and herb gardens. Because of that, during the summer, I spend on the average of three to four hours a day working in my yard. Since I am so “available” to anyone passing by, I often have neighbors, police (our “locals” sometimes walk their beat), and strangers stop by to chit-chat with me. They often ask to tour my gardens, or to see if I could help them with some gardening problem they are having.

One morning, I had three different types of people stop by and from their actions and reactions, I learned this life's little lessons while homesteading:
*Most people don't notice the little weeds in the garden because they are looking at the flowers.
*Some people don't notice the big weeds in the garden because they are only looking at the flowers, and if they do happen to see the weeds, they will stop and help to pull them.
*A few people only see the weeds in the garden , and not the flowers, because weeds are all they want to see.

Life lesson learned from this: Our personal faults and shortcomings may not be as noticeable as what we fear (or even perhaps sometimes wish) them to be to those around us.
*Our friends won't notice our petty faults because they see the good in us.
*Our good friends usually won't even notice our large faults for they will love us no matter what. But if they happen to see a fault in our life that will lead to our destruction, they will stop and help us overcome that fault.
*Our enemies only see our faults no matter what, because our faults are all they want to see. ***Don't pay attention to these people. ***

Have an awesome day everyone. Thanks for reading and God's blessings.

6 comments:

  1. great job, my friend! And true friends will hold each other up even when they think they deserve to be down. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and you are so correct about friends holding each other up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I will visit this post again. Need the reminders of those lessons. Thank you Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Jean. I didn't see your comment before now..... Thank you for your kind words. :-)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.