Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Planting/Weeding By the Moon

Some people scoff (okay actually they don't just scoff they laugh) when they hear about planting by the phases of the moon. Other people swear by it. I can't say with certainty that planting or weeding by the phases actually work, but I figure it can only help.

The phases of the moon does effect the tides of the ocean and I do know that the moon does affect people. I don't even have to look outside to know when the moon is full. I only need to look at my email inbox or answer the phone. During a full moon, my business receives the oddest and strangest questions requests, and some of my clients get downright cranky and everything seems to go wrong during that time . I have a few friends that are police officers and firefighters, and they say the same thing about what happens in their jobs during the full moon. So, to me anyway, it would stand to reason that moon could also effect other things in nature.

I don't get into planting or weeding by the zodiac signs in addition to the phases of the moon. That might have some merit to it. I don't know either way. Honestly though, I don't have the time, nor does my schedule allow me, to figure that out and worry about it.

There are tons of sites online that goes into much more detail about when to plant or weed by the phases of the moon, but I stick to the old tried and proven simple method that I was taught while growing up on the farm...and so far, it has worked for me.

Planting :
  • Full Moon – Plant the crops that produce above ground such as green beans, peas, etc.
  • New Moon – Plant crops that produce below ground such as potatoes, carrots, turnips, etc.

Weeding:
  • Best time to weed  is during the last quarter right before the new moon. Although, if you miss that time, right after the full moon is second best.

Thanks for reading and visiting my blog. God's blessings. :-)

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and for visiting my blog. :-)

      Delete
  2. Grea information to know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and for visiting my blog. :-)

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and for visiting my blog. :-)

      Delete
  4. Good job my friend!! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding post. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate you taking the time to share. I, for one, am learning a lot from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and for visiting my blog. :-)

      Delete
  8. I never heard of this before. Thank you for passing this info on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and for visiting my blog. :-)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.